2018 Sponsors: Prizes, refreshments and venue were kindly sponsored by:
- Pick n Pay Hout Bay – donated and served refreshments
- Kronendal Primary School – donated venue
- WastePlan – Prize Money for purchase of Eco Prizes valued at R20 000
- SANParks (Educational Camp at Peoples Trail hut on Table Mountain)
- Sentinel News (Publication of EnviroQuiz Articles)
Spot prizes and Gifts donated:
- Born in Africa Toys
- Bay Book Store
- Chapman’s Peak Hotel
- Colours Gifts and Curios
- Crossfit Hout Bay
- Dario’s Café
- Deli Delish
- Hout Bay Coffee
- Hout Bay Manor Hotel
- Hummingbird Café
- Inzolo Health Spa
- Kirstenbosch Gardens
- Kitchen Takeaway
- nap living
- Rock Chic Hout Bay
- Sixty Seven Hair Salon
- Star Dot Toys
- The Clay Café
- The Gym and Justine Wiggill
- Velocity Sports Lab
- Wheelers Pharmacy
- Massimo’s Oakhurst
- The Lookout Deck
- Valley Nursery
- World of Birds
Welcome to the page where you can read all about Thrive’s exciting Enviro QuizArt Program. Scroll down to read the 2019 articles with questions as they are published. Answers can be found on the corresponding links.
The 2018 EnviroQuiz articles with questions and answers can be accessed on the Archives link.
This year Thrive has chosen to focus on Biodiversity, with underlying themes of water and waste. The study material for the EnviroQuiz event will be found in one Intro Article and five Study Articles published in the Sentinel News once a month from March to August. Learners and the community will need to read all articles in order to answer the quiz questions, so putting themselves in line to win fun prizes for their school and themselves.
The EnviroArt competition requires schools to create an educational wall piece with a focus on the theme of the year. Art works will be showcased at the QuizArt event, which takes place at Kronendal Primary School on the 6th September 2019 from 14h00 to 16h30. This annual event attracts schools from Hout Bay and further afield on the Peninsula. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Quiz Resources and Material
Below you will find one Intro Article and 5 Study Articles with Quiz questions and answers to help you prepare for the 2019 Quiz. Every month an EnviroQuiz article which focuses on Biodiversity will be published in the Sentinel News. These can be downloaded from the Thrive website on the links below, or the Sentinel News website.
Intro Article: 29th March – Register for 2019 Thrive Enviro Quiz – View Article
- Study Article 1: 12th April 2019 – Biodiversity Study Article 1 View Article | Answers
- Study Article 2: 3rd May 2019 – Biodiversity Study Article 2 View Article | Answers
- Study Article 3: 31st May 2019 – Biodiversity Study Article 3 View Article | Answers
- Study Article 4: 20th July 2019 – Biodiversity Study Article 4
- Study Article 5: 23rd August 2019 – Biodiversity Study Article 5
Wrap-up Article: September 2019 – And the Winner is …
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and request an Entry form.